FRANKLIN, Tennessee – A woman from West Tennessee was honored by the Tennessee Health Care Association.
According to a press release, THCA named AHC West Tennessee Transitional Care Activity Director Sheila Willis as Activity Coordinators of Tennessee Member of the Year.
“Sheila prioritizes person-centered care and intends the resident’s stay to be as ‘at home’ as possible,” said Justin Broadway, the administrator of AHC West Tennessee Transitional Care for providing patient-centered care. She is selfless and plans night and weekend activities so families can be involved. “
The press release said Willis started a cooking class, made meals from scratch, and laid out a garden for her patients.
Five more awards were given to the AHC community this year.
The publication says:
- AHC Crestview’s Latosha Taylor has been named a Director of the Nursing Association of the Year.
- AHC Cumberland received the Innovative Program Award for their backpack program.
- AHC Decatur County’s Kyle Smith received the Professional Service Award.
- Joseph Hill of AHC Decatur County received the Caregiver of the Year Award for the Jackson County.
- AHC Lewis County received the Group Volunteer Award for Mable and Friends.
You can find more information about the Tennessee Health Care Association here.
You can also stay up to date with news from across the region via the WBBJ 7 Eyewitness News App.