Welcome back Scottsdale! It’s Friday so let’s start with everything you need to know locally today.
First the weather today: For the first time in a while there is no rain in the forecast. It will be sunny tomorrow High of 97 and a low of 82. And the stop of the rain lets them too humidity! From 52% last night to 38% this morning.
Weekend weather: Saturday and Sunday deliver the weather most people associate Scottsdale with – sunny with highs of 97 and 102, with lows of just under 80
Here are the top stories of today in Scottsdale:
- Lois Roma-Deeley is officially Scottsdale’s new Poet Award Winner. As such, Romea-Deeley is used as an ambassador for Scottsdales literary culture and will strengthen the presence of this culture in the community. She is the founding director of women writer workshop at Arizona state university, Co-editor of an international poetry magazine and professor emeritus at the paradise Sink Community University. (Press office)
- On the way until August 29th? Better check out the latest update from the. at City of Scottsdale. There are significant ones Street construction Projects and traffic limitations takes place this week on or near: Loop 101, Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard and Thompson summit avenue, Scottsdale Street, About Linda to cactus Street, Lake view journey to 104. Street, To the west Mountain View Road to 84. Street, MC Donald journey, Thomas and Müller Intersection, 56 Street, 61 Job, and 64. Street. (Press office)
- Maricopa County Superior Court indicted former Arizona’s Senator Otoniel “Tony” Navarrete (D-Phoenix) in multiple sex crime cases – all involving two minors. If convicted, he faces up to 49 years in prison. Navarrete began to represent Phoenix in 2019 and resigned on August 10 after both sides called for his resignation. (Scottsdale patch)
- The Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships, presented by Talk floor ResortIt returns on October 23rd – this time with some new elements. To celebrate the 10th anniversary, the events will feature a field border morning beer festival. the polo party will also debut 22 year olds DJ MPowerwho will delight with electro house music sets. But that’s not all! Check out everything that’s on offer this year and maybe get yourself a ticket, general admission starts at $ 35 (Your Valley)
- Hunkapi Farms in Scottsdale encourages people to garden! The horse farm sells 40 gallon bags of compost for just $ 5 to anyone interested in starting their own garden. (FOX 10 News Phoenix)
5G will change the way we live, and Verizon is building the fastest 5G network in the country. To learn how 5G will make life better for you and your community – and to get access to this amazing technology – click here. Thank you Verizon for sponsoring this Scottsdale community resource!
Today in Scottsdale
- Crazy Sock Day – Pueblo Elementary School (12:00 PM)
- Picture Day – Cherokee Elementary School (9:00 a.m.)
- Brown Bag “Virtual” Lunch with Mrs. Hummon (12:30 pm)
- MEMORY LOUNGE: Kevin Bock, tuba – Scottdale Center for the Performing Arts (1:30 p.m.)
Scottsdale Patch Notebook
- The Scottsdale Public Library thanks everyone who participated in the Tails and Tales Summer Reading Program. Check out their Facebook for a look at the amazing numbers! (Facebook)
- Check out this recap of a Scottsdale High School student newspaper from the 1960s. Scottsdale High School was located on Indian School Road and 74th Street from 1923 to 1983. (Facebook)
- Just one more reminder in case you missed it above: the Scottsdale City Government Reminds residents to “plan ahead for the Scottsdale freeway closure at the weekend. The Arizona Department of Transportation is expanding and improving Loop 101 from Interstate 17 in Phoenix to Pima Road in Scottsdale. “(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
Appearances & Services:
You are all caught up for today! I will see you soon. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Madison Feser
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Scottsdale Daily? I am listening. You can reach me at [email protected]